October 26, 2007

On the job: Week 4

I think it's been almost a year since I last posted. A lot has happened since then. But I'll start with where I'm at right now.

Job-hunting wore me down after doing I did it for almost a year. But, I've since started a one-year stint with University Relations Publications, which produces public relations materials for the University of Iowa. It's been great so far. People here are really nice, I get my own office...they spent several hundred dollars on a new keyboard tray for me...did I say I like it here? My boss is really open to new ideas, which I think is important for me. I brought up a few things to him today about how I think I can improve my work experience here and he was all for it!

In a couple of weeks, we'll be going to Hawaii! Almost everyone I've told this has the same reaction. Their eyebrows arch, their eyes widen and this look of envy comes over their faces. I've never been there and am excited. We're going to two islands, including one where Fantasy Island (old TV series I used to love) and Jurassic Park was filmed! We'll see SK's parents. who're flying in from Malaysia; we'll be visiting SK's uncle and aunt who live in Oahu but will get a couple of days to ourselves. Nice!

No comments: